Architecture for Data Science Experience Local
Private cloud components
DSX Local runs on a Kubernetes cluster of servers, which are composed of the following components:
Control plane (master)
For cluster management and high availability.
- Requires three master nodes to manage the entire cluster.
- Uses etcd as a key value store that persists the cluster state and stores metadata about cluster service deployment and health.
- Uses Prometheus for monitoring and Elk for logging.
For data stores and storage management.
- Uses GlusterFS for storage management.
- Uses IBM Cloudant DB as a service meta database.
- Uses Redis as the in-memory database
- Uses Elasticsearch DB for logs.
Runs data science related services.