Architecture for Watson Studio Local
Watson Studio Local utilizes three separate features for cluster management, storage management, and execution.
Private cloud components
Watson Studio Local runs on a Kubernetes cluster of servers, which are composed of the following components:
- Control plane (master)
- For cluster management and high availability.
- Requires three master nodes to manage the entire cluster.
- Uses etcd as a key value store that persists the cluster state and stores metadata about cluster service deployment and health.
- Uses Prometheus for monitoring and Elk for logging.
- For data stores and storage management.
- Uses either NFS (required for production deployments and can also be used for test deployments) or GlusterFS (for test deployments only) for storage management.
- Uses IBM Cloudant DB as a service meta database.
- Uses Redis as the in-memory database
- Uses Elasticsearch DB for logs.
- Runs data science related services.