Access data from local files
You can upload and load local data assets such as CSV files into your Watson Studio Local project. When you add a local data asset to a project, any collaborator in that project can load data from it.
To upload the local data asset:
- In your project, go to your Assets page and clickadd data
set . Alternatively, you can click Add data set from the project
- Click the Local File tab.
- Drag or browse to your local file system to the palette. The file is now added to the project.
Load data from a local data asset
To automatically load data from a local data asset into a data frame in a notebook:
- Open the notebook and click the Find and Add Data icon ( ) in the toolbar. Only CSV files can be inserted into notebooks, and the first data row is always be read as the header row.
- Click the Local tab and select the CSV file to insert.