Use custom images
You can use custom images in Watson Studio Local in the following ways.
- Use a custom image for a notebook on Watson Studio Local
- Create a worker environment for the customized image
- Use a custom image for a Watson Machine Learning worker
- Push runtime images to the registered Hadoop cluster
- Manage visibility of images
Use a custom image for a notebook on Watson Studio Local
- In your project Environments page, click the environment name to edit.
- For Image, select the custom image and click the Save and
- Go to your project Assets page, click Notebooks,
and click Add Notebook button.
- For Environment, select the environment that uses the custom image and click Create to create the notebook.
Create a worker environment for the customized image
To edit a worker environment to use the customized image:
- Go to your project Jobs page and click Workers.
- Edit the worker environment and select the customized image.
- Save the worker.
As a result, whenever Watson Studio Local users run a batch score or evaluate job, they can select this modified worker in the Advanced settings.
Manage visibility of images
To manage the visibility of images:
kubectl get pods -n dsxand identify the
kubectl exec pod -n dsxto get into the pod.
- Create or edit the /user-home/_global_/config/config.properties file and
CustomImagesVisibility=ApprovedAndSelf. The default value for