Enable SSHD in Watson Studio Local
When a Watson Studio Local administrator enables SSHD, a user can generate SSH keys to connect securely to the Watson Studio Local cluster from an SSH client. An SSH connection is useful for securely uploading directories or large files to libraries in the Watson Studio Local cluster without timing out.
A Watson Studio Local administrator can enable SSHD by completing the following steps:
- In the Admin Console, click the menu icon ( ) and click SSHD service. The SSHD options window opens.
- For Enable SSHD, switch SSHD on. A new kubernetes pod and service starts.
- For Expose node port switch the node port on to expose a secure
Configure the SSH key in Watson Studio Local
To set up an SSH connection to Watson Studio Local, a Watson Studio Local user must complete the following steps:
- In the Watson Studio Local client, go to Settings and click the SSH key tab.
- In the SSH key field, paste in the public SSH key. Click the
Add Key button. The public SSH key is automatically saved in the user's home
directory on the Watson Studio Local cluster.
- In the Connect via SSH field, copy the
sshcommand and paste it into the SSH client.
The Watson Studio Local user can then ssh to the Watson Studio Local cluster though the secure port, and upload directories or large files to directories that they have access to, using commands such as scp, sftp, or rsynch.